We discussed the meaning of the word Upanishad. It is that which is learnt sitting close to the teacher with complete humility in order to understand the ultimate supreme truth. So the Gita itself claims to be an Upanishad. What is the content of the Upanishad? It is ‘Brahma Vidya’—knowledge or understanding of the ‘Brahman’. ‘Brahman’ is the Supreme Reality behind the entire phenomenon we see. The Supreme Reality that is within us, in you and me, that which pervades the entire universe. The understanding of this Supreme Reality is known as ‘Brahma Vidya’.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Sri M in Delhi | Retreat, Talk and the Walk of Hope Anniversary | 8 – 14 January 2018
- Sri M in Maharashtra | Book Launch & Satsangs | 4 – 7 February 2018
- Maha Shivarathiri 2018 – Registrations
- Retreat with Sri M in Kodagu
- The Sahyadri Retreat with Sri M – Registrations Closed
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017
- Videos | Talks | ‘Search for Happiness According to Vedanta’ in London, UK, 2017.
- Videos | Satsangs | Dhyana Yoga – Satsang in UK, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Group Meetings 1 & 2 – at Long Island, USA on 26th Aug, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Satsang at Syracuse, New York, USA