Nivrutti Marga and Pravartti Marga – Pravratti means the mind is outgoing, also known as extrovert. It operates outside, through the senses. All the experiences of this world are gained through Pravartti Marga. Nivrutti Marga is to retrace or to go back into the source from which experiences comes. Let me give you an example. Suppose I eat something, like an apple. When I put it in my mouth, and when my tongue touches it, I experience the beautiful taste of the apple. The Vedanta says: the taste, which you experience, is not obviously experienced within the apple. You are experiencing it in yourself. What the apple does is that it excites your taste buds. But the experience of happiness is within you. Not in the apple. Only you can experience it.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Sri M in Delhi | Retreat, Talk and the Walk of Hope Anniversary | 8 – 14 January 2018
- Sri M in Maharashtra | Book Launch & Satsangs | 4 – 7 February 2018
- Maha Shivarathiri 2018 – Registrations
- Retreat with Sri M in Kodagu
- The Sahyadri Retreat with Sri M – Registrations Closed
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017
- Videos | Talks | ‘Search for Happiness According to Vedanta’ in London, UK, 2017.
- Videos | Satsangs | Dhyana Yoga – Satsang in UK, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Group Meetings 1 & 2 – at Long Island, USA on 26th Aug, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Satsang at Syracuse, New York, USA