Nivrutti Marga and Pravartti Marga – Pravratti means the mind is outgoing, also known as extrovert. It operates outside, through the senses. All the experiences of this world are gained through Pravartti Marga. Nivrutti Marga is to retrace or to go back into the source from which experiences comes. Let me give you an example. Suppose I eat something, like an apple. When I put it in my mouth, and when my tongue touches it, I experience the beautiful taste of the apple. The Vedanta says: the taste, which you experience, is not obviously experienced within the apple. You are experiencing it in yourself. What the apple does is that it excites your taste buds. But the experience of happiness is within you. Not in the apple. Only you can experience it.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Meet Sri M in U S A 2018
- Sri M in Australia – 15th – 30th March 2018
- A Retreat with Sri M in the ancient city of Varanasi – 22-25 December 2018
- Retreat at Badrinath with Sri M | 7 – 15 October 2018
- Sri M in Jalandhar, March 10 – 12, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Informal Satsang with Sri M in Melbourne on 17th March, 2018
- Videos | Talks | “Mindfulness and Beyond” at The Theosophical Society, Melbourne on 17th March, 2018
- Videos | Q & A | London Nehru Center, October 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Aravali Retreat held from 8-10 Jan, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Kodagu Retreat held on 18th Jan, 2018.