The Upanishads postulate that nothing that you worship here is the Supreme Being. This is what the Keno Upanishad says: Yen manasa na manuta yena ahur mano matanm. Tadeva Brahma twam viddhi nedam yad idam upasate which means ‘That which the mind cannot reach, but which is the basis of the mind, know that alone is the Truth, nothing that you worship here’. When he says, ‘nothing that you worship’, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t worship. It means no activity on your part can bring about the realization of the Supreme. In fact, no pravritti can bring about nivritti marga. Therefore, when the mind becomes quiet, then it is revealed.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Sri M in Delhi | Retreat, Talk and the Walk of Hope Anniversary | 8 – 14 January 2018
- Sri M in Maharashtra | Book Launch & Satsangs | 4 – 7 February 2018
- Maha Shivarathiri 2018 – Registrations
- Retreat with Sri M in Kodagu
- The Sahyadri Retreat with Sri M – Registrations Closed
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017
- Videos | Talks | ‘Search for Happiness According to Vedanta’ in London, UK, 2017.
- Videos | Satsangs | Dhyana Yoga – Satsang in UK, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Group Meetings 1 & 2 – at Long Island, USA on 26th Aug, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Satsang at Syracuse, New York, USA