In the Gita, there is an exhortation to perform action and not to run away from it. It is not that one becomes inactive. On acts but one is not caught by the results of the activity. This is ‘karma yoga’. Otherwise, suppose I decide that the sorrow and the problems of the world are too much for me and I run away to the Himalayas or somewhere else. I can’t run away from my mind. I can physically run away from my situation. But my mind follows me, wherever I go. I can’t change that. So the teaching of the Gita is, don’t run away because you carry your mind with you. Stay where you are and deal with the situation.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Sri M in Jalandhar, March 10 – 12, 2018
- The Khatt Spring Yoga Retreat 2018 in UAE with Sri M
- The Maha Shivarathiri 2018 Program with Sri M at Madanapalle
- Sri M in Delhi | Retreat, Talk and the Walk of Hope Anniversary | 8 – 14 January 2018
- Sri M in Maharashtra | Book Launch & Satsangs | 4 – 7 February 2018
- Videos | Q & A | London Nehru Center, October 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Aravali Retreat held from 8-10 Jan, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Kodagu Retreat held on 18th Jan, 2018.
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Vedanta for the Modern World” – at IIC New Delhi 2018
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017