The basic fact is that the mind has various levels of impurities, various levels of agitations, various levels of indiscrimination. Now, as long as these last, they are like curtains, which very subtly veil or cover the Truth. So, when I say search, you are not searching for something outside yourself, you are searching for something within you. And to find what you are searching for, one needs to penetrate so many layers of impurities, so many layers upon layers that are gathered not only in this life but also for many hundreds of lives. It is not easy to get free of them. We are born with certain characteristics, certain predilections in this life and some of those from our past lives. Now, as long as these are there, in different layers, its not possible to penetrate, to remove the veils and curtains, tear them down, and come face-to-face with the truth, which is after all in our hearts.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Meet Sri M in U S A 2018
- Sri M in Australia – 15th – 30th March 2018
- A Retreat with Sri M in the ancient city of Varanasi – 22-25 December 2018
- Retreat at Badrinath with Sri M | 7 – 15 October 2018
- Sri M in Jalandhar, March 10 – 12, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Informal Satsang with Sri M in Melbourne on 17th March, 2018
- Videos | Talks | “Mindfulness and Beyond” at The Theosophical Society, Melbourne on 17th March, 2018
- Videos | Q & A | London Nehru Center, October 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Aravali Retreat held from 8-10 Jan, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Kodagu Retreat held on 18th Jan, 2018.