In the Manu Dharma Sutras, there is a beautiful description of how the householder should live. It says the householder – after he has finished his morning activities – should meditate on God and then cook his food. After cooking the food, he should dedicate it to God. Then he should come outside, stand near the gate and say three times, loud enough, ‘Is there anyone hungry?’ If there is no response, then he should proceed to eat. If there is a response, he should call them in, feed them first and eat what is left. That’s an ideal householder!
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Meet Sri M in U S A 2018
- Sri M in Australia – 15th – 30th March 2018
- A Retreat with Sri M in the ancient city of Varanasi – 22-25 December 2018
- Retreat at Badrinath with Sri M | 7 – 15 October 2018
- Sri M in Jalandhar, March 10 – 12, 2018
- Videos | Q & A | London Nehru Center, October 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Aravali Retreat held from 8-10 Jan, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Kodagu Retreat held on 18th Jan, 2018.
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Vedanta for the Modern World” – at IIC New Delhi 2018
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017