In the Manu Dharma Sutras, there is a beautiful description of how the householder should live. It says the householder – after he has finished his morning activities – should meditate on God and then cook his food. After cooking the food, he should dedicate it to God. Then he should come outside, stand near the gate and say three times, loud enough, ‘Is there anyone hungry?’ If there is no response, then he should proceed to eat. If there is a response, he should call them in, feed them first and eat what is left. That’s an ideal householder!
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Sri M in Delhi | Retreat, Talk and the Walk of Hope Anniversary | 8 – 14 January 2018
- Sri M in Maharashtra | Book Launch & Satsangs | 4 – 7 February 2018
- Maha Shivarathiri 2018 – Registrations
- Retreat with Sri M in Kodagu
- The Sahyadri Retreat with Sri M – Registrations Closed
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017
- Videos | Talks | ‘Search for Happiness According to Vedanta’ in London, UK, 2017.
- Videos | Satsangs | Dhyana Yoga – Satsang in UK, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Group Meetings 1 & 2 – at Long Island, USA on 26th Aug, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Satsang at Syracuse, New York, USA