Peace is essential. When a Muslim greets another Muslim, he says Salaam Alaikum: May the Lord’s peace be on you. What do we say in this country? Om shanti shanti. Please forget the language and look at the essence. What is Shanti? Peace. When you go to a temple, they give you Prasad. In Sanskrit, Prasad also means – peace and well-being. Prasadam – tranquility and peace. When the Jews greet each other, they say Shalom. What is Shalom? It is another variation of Salaam, peace. So, I am saying it is not because of religion that we have strife but because we have forgotten the essence of it. Force can never be neutralized by force. You need affection and love.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Retreat with Sri M in Kodagu
- The Sahyadri Retreat with Sri M – Registrations Closed
- Aravali Retreat with Sri M
- Retreat with Sri M at The Peepal Grove School – Registrations Closed
- Sri M in UK 2017 | Public Programs | 25-28 October 2017
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017
- Videos | Talks | ‘Search for Happiness According to Vedanta’ in London, UK, 2017.
- Videos | Satsangs | Dhyana Yoga – Satsang in UK, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Group Meetings 1 & 2 – at Long Island, USA on 26th Aug, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Satsang at Syracuse, New York, USA