Peace is essential. When a Muslim greets another Muslim, he says Salaam Alaikum: May the Lord’s peace be on you. What do we say in this country? Om shanti shanti. Please forget the language and look at the essence. What is Shanti? Peace. When you go to a temple, they give you Prasad. In Sanskrit, Prasad also means – peace and well-being. Prasadam – tranquility and peace. When the Jews greet each other, they say Shalom. What is Shalom? It is another variation of Salaam, peace. So, I am saying it is not because of religion that we have strife but because we have forgotten the essence of it. Force can never be neutralized by force. You need affection and love.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Sri M in Jalandhar, March 10 – 12, 2018
- The Khatt Spring Yoga Retreat 2018 in UAE with Sri M
- The Maha Shivarathiri 2018 Program with Sri M at Madanapalle
- Sri M in Delhi | Retreat, Talk and the Walk of Hope Anniversary | 8 – 14 January 2018
- Sri M in Maharashtra | Book Launch & Satsangs | 4 – 7 February 2018
- Videos | Q & A | London Nehru Center, October 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Aravali Retreat held from 8-10 Jan, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Kodagu Retreat held on 18th Jan, 2018.
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Vedanta for the Modern World” – at IIC New Delhi 2018
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017