The Upanishads postulate that nothing that you worship here is the Supreme Being. This is what the Keno Upanishad says: Yen manasa na manuta yena ahur mano matanm. Tadeva Brahma twam viddhi nedam yad idam upasate which means ‘That which the mind cannot reach, but which is the basis of the mind, know that alone is the Truth, nothing that you worship here’. When he says, ‘nothing that you worship’, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t worship. It means no activity on your part can bring about the realization of the Supreme. In fact, no pravritti can bring about nivritti marga. Therefore, when the mind becomes quiet, then it is revealed.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Meet Sri M in U S A 2018
- Sri M in Australia – 15th – 30th March 2018
- A Retreat with Sri M in the ancient city of Varanasi – 22-25 December 2018
- Retreat at Badrinath with Sri M | 7 – 15 October 2018
- Sri M in Jalandhar, March 10 – 12, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Informal Satsang with Sri M in Melbourne on 17th March, 2018
- Videos | Talks | “Mindfulness and Beyond” at The Theosophical Society, Melbourne on 17th March, 2018
- Videos | Q & A | London Nehru Center, October 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Aravali Retreat held from 8-10 Jan, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Kodagu Retreat held on 18th Jan, 2018.