In the Gita, there is an exhortation to perform action and not to run away from it. It is not that one becomes inactive. On acts but one is not caught by the results of the activity. This is ‘karma yoga’. Otherwise, suppose I decide that the sorrow and the problems of the world are too much for me and I run away to the Himalayas or somewhere else. I can’t run away from my mind. I can physically run away from my situation. But my mind follows me, wherever I go. I can’t change that. So the teaching of the Gita is, don’t run away because you carry your mind with you. Stay where you are and deal with the situation.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Retreat with Sri M in Kodagu
- The Sahyadri Retreat with Sri M – Registrations Closed
- Aravali Retreat with Sri M
- Retreat with Sri M at The Peepal Grove School – Registrations Closed
- Sri M in UK 2017 | Public Programs | 25-28 October 2017
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017
- Videos | Talks | ‘Search for Happiness According to Vedanta’ in London, UK, 2017.
- Videos | Satsangs | Dhyana Yoga – Satsang in UK, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Group Meetings 1 & 2 – at Long Island, USA on 26th Aug, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Satsang at Syracuse, New York, USA