We discussed the meaning of the word Upanishad. It is that which is learnt sitting close to the teacher with complete humility in order to understand the ultimate supreme truth. So the Gita itself claims to be an Upanishad. What is the content of the Upanishad? It is ‘Brahma Vidya’—knowledge or understanding of the ‘Brahman’. ‘Brahman’ is the Supreme Reality behind the entire phenomenon we see. The Supreme Reality that is within us, in you and me, that which pervades the entire universe. The understanding of this Supreme Reality is known as ‘Brahma Vidya’.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Sri M in Jalandhar, March 10 – 12, 2018
- The Khatt Spring Yoga Retreat 2018 in UAE with Sri M
- The Maha Shivarathiri 2018 Program with Sri M at Madanapalle
- Sri M in Delhi | Retreat, Talk and the Walk of Hope Anniversary | 8 – 14 January 2018
- Sri M in Maharashtra | Book Launch & Satsangs | 4 – 7 February 2018
- Videos | Q & A | London Nehru Center, October 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Aravali Retreat held from 8-10 Jan, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Kodagu Retreat held on 18th Jan, 2018.
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Vedanta for the Modern World” – at IIC New Delhi 2018
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017