The Sufis also sang about love. In fact, there is a beautiful Sufi poem. It’s about love; it’s about losing oneself in the love of the Supreme. The great Sufi, Hazrat Shah Niyaz, said: Aql ke madrase se uth, ishq ke maikade main aa; Jaame Fanaa-o-Bekhudi … ab to piya, jo ho so ho, jo ho so ho. What has to happen will happen. Not to worry. There is no khud; there is selflessness and surrender. Now that you have drunk the wine of annihilation – fanaa – and selflessness and surrender, what are you afraid of ? When you think of the Lord, the Supreme, there is no time to think of yourself. Come into the tavern of ishq – of love, affection, and unconditional ecstatic love – which means to exit the school of the intellect. Get up! Enough! Wind up!
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Sri M in Delhi | Retreat, Talk and the Walk of Hope Anniversary | 8 – 14 January 2018
- Sri M in Maharashtra | Book Launch & Satsangs | 4 – 7 February 2018
- Maha Shivarathiri 2018 – Registrations
- Retreat with Sri M in Kodagu
- The Sahyadri Retreat with Sri M – Registrations Closed
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017
- Videos | Talks | ‘Search for Happiness According to Vedanta’ in London, UK, 2017.
- Videos | Satsangs | Dhyana Yoga – Satsang in UK, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Group Meetings 1 & 2 – at Long Island, USA on 26th Aug, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Satsang at Syracuse, New York, USA