I quote another Sufi teacher called Hakim of Sinai, from a book called ‘The Walled Garden of Truth’: “When you arrive at the sea, you do not talk of the tributaries”. Ramakrishna Paramahansa put it as a simple story. He said, “Till the food is served, people will be chatting with each other. Once the food is served, then you can only hear, “slurp, slurp!” When food is there, people don’t talk much. There is a lot of talk when there is no food, especially before it is served. The talk is like the tributaries and the sea is like the food. When you go to the sea – when you arrive at the sea – you no longer discuss the tributaries.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Meet Sri M in U S A 2018
- Sri M in Australia – 15th – 30th March 2018
- A Retreat with Sri M in the ancient city of Varanasi – 22-25 December 2018
- Retreat at Badrinath with Sri M | 7 – 15 October 2018
- Sri M in Jalandhar, March 10 – 12, 2018
- Videos | Q & A | London Nehru Center, October 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Aravali Retreat held from 8-10 Jan, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Kodagu Retreat held on 18th Jan, 2018.
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Vedanta for the Modern World” – at IIC New Delhi 2018
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017