I quote another Sufi teacher called Hakim of Sinai, from a book called ‘The Walled Garden of Truth’: “When you arrive at the sea, you do not talk of the tributaries”. Ramakrishna Paramahansa put it as a simple story. He said, “Till the food is served, people will be chatting with each other. Once the food is served, then you can only hear, “slurp, slurp!” When food is there, people don’t talk much. There is a lot of talk when there is no food, especially before it is served. The talk is like the tributaries and the sea is like the food. When you go to the sea – when you arrive at the sea – you no longer discuss the tributaries.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Sri M in Delhi | Retreat, Talk and the Walk of Hope Anniversary | 8 – 14 January 2018
- Sri M in Maharashtra | Book Launch & Satsangs | 4 – 7 February 2018
- Maha Shivarathiri 2018 – Registrations
- Retreat with Sri M in Kodagu
- The Sahyadri Retreat with Sri M – Registrations Closed
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017
- Videos | Talks | ‘Search for Happiness According to Vedanta’ in London, UK, 2017.
- Videos | Satsangs | Dhyana Yoga – Satsang in UK, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Group Meetings 1 & 2 – at Long Island, USA on 26th Aug, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Satsang at Syracuse, New York, USA