“Urdhva-moolam adhah-sakham, asvathaam prahur avyayam, chandamsi yasya parnani, yas tam veda sa veda-vit”. This is about an upside-down ashvatha tree – peepul tree whose roots are high up and branches are below. One who understands its leaves, understands the entire Vedas and their content. Each leaf is supposed to be one ‘chandas’. “chandamsi yasya parnani yas tam veda sa veda-vit”, meaning He who understands the ‘chandas’ understands the whole world, or understands the complete Vedas.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Sri M in Jalandhar, March 10 – 12, 2018
- The Khatt Spring Yoga Retreat 2018 in UAE with Sri M
- The Maha Shivarathiri 2018 Program with Sri M at Madanapalle
- Sri M in Delhi | Retreat, Talk and the Walk of Hope Anniversary | 8 – 14 January 2018
- Sri M in Maharashtra | Book Launch & Satsangs | 4 – 7 February 2018
- Videos | Q & A | London Nehru Center, October 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Aravali Retreat held from 8-10 Jan, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Kodagu Retreat held on 18th Jan, 2018.
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Vedanta for the Modern World” – at IIC New Delhi 2018
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017