There is this famous story derived from the couplet of Kabir Das, about the Kasturi Mriga. There is a kind of deer with a little pouch near its tail, in which Kasturi musk is produced. In the breeding season, more musk is produced and there is a lovely smell of Kasturi in the air. The poor deer doesn’t understand that the smell is wafting from under its tail. It goes looking for the smell everywhere in the forest, putting its snout amongst thorns resulting in bleeding, and never finding where the source is. Vedanta says, “Nivrutti Marga is to understand that the perfume is right within us and not anywhere outside”.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Sri M in Delhi | Retreat, Talk and the Walk of Hope Anniversary | 8 – 14 January 2018
- Sri M in Maharashtra | Book Launch & Satsangs | 4 – 7 February 2018
- Maha Shivarathiri 2018 – Registrations
- Retreat with Sri M in Kodagu
- The Sahyadri Retreat with Sri M – Registrations Closed
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017
- Videos | Talks | ‘Search for Happiness According to Vedanta’ in London, UK, 2017.
- Videos | Satsangs | Dhyana Yoga – Satsang in UK, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Group Meetings 1 & 2 – at Long Island, USA on 26th Aug, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Satsang at Syracuse, New York, USA