The Upanishads go further: ‘nothing that you worship here is the ‘Supreme Being’! This is what the Keno Upanishad says: Yen manasa na manuta yena ahur mano matan tadeva Brahma twam viddhi nedam yad idam upasate – that which the mind cannot reach, but which is the basis of the mind, know That alone is the Truth, nothing that you worship here. When he says, ‘nothing that you worship’, it does not mean that you are not supposed to do any worship. It means no activity – pravritti – on your part can bring about the realization of the Supreme. In fact, no pravritti can bring about – it is nivritti marga. Therefore, when the mind becomes quiet and when quietness enters, then ‘That’ is revealed.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Retreat with Sri M in Kodagu
- The Sahyadri Retreat with Sri M – Registrations Closed
- Aravali Retreat with Sri M
- Retreat with Sri M at The Peepal Grove School – Registrations Closed
- Sri M in UK 2017 | Public Programs | 25-28 October 2017
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017
- Videos | Talks | ‘Search for Happiness According to Vedanta’ in London, UK, 2017.
- Videos | Satsangs | Dhyana Yoga – Satsang in UK, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Group Meetings 1 & 2 – at Long Island, USA on 26th Aug, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Satsang at Syracuse, New York, USA