The Upanishads go further: ‘nothing that you worship here is the ‘Supreme Being’! This is what the Keno Upanishad says: Yen manasa na manuta yena ahur mano matan tadeva Brahma twam viddhi nedam yad idam upasate – that which the mind cannot reach, but which is the basis of the mind, know That alone is the Truth, nothing that you worship here. When he says, ‘nothing that you worship’, it does not mean that you are not supposed to do any worship. It means no activity – pravritti – on your part can bring about the realization of the Supreme. In fact, no pravritti can bring about – it is nivritti marga. Therefore, when the mind becomes quiet and when quietness enters, then ‘That’ is revealed.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Sri M in Jalandhar, March 10 – 12, 2018
- The Khatt Spring Yoga Retreat 2018 in UAE with Sri M
- The Maha Shivarathiri 2018 Program with Sri M at Madanapalle
- Sri M in Delhi | Retreat, Talk and the Walk of Hope Anniversary | 8 – 14 January 2018
- Sri M in Maharashtra | Book Launch & Satsangs | 4 – 7 February 2018
- Videos | Q & A | London Nehru Center, October 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Aravali Retreat held from 8-10 Jan, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Kodagu Retreat held on 18th Jan, 2018.
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Vedanta for the Modern World” – at IIC New Delhi 2018
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017