Shivarathri, traditionally, is supposed to be the day when Samudra Manthan was done and the poison came out. You know that story of the churning of the ocean-the Manthan- and when the churning took place, first a very powerful poison called ‘halahala visha’ is supposed to have come out and it would have enveloped the world but for the fact that Shiva is supposed to have drunk it up. It stopped in his throat so it became blue, so He is called Neelkant. This is a fact which is applicable to all yogis, not only to Shiva.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Sri M in Jalandhar, March 10 – 12, 2018
- The Khatt Spring Yoga Retreat 2018 in UAE with Sri M
- The Maha Shivarathiri 2018 Program with Sri M at Madanapalle
- Sri M in Delhi | Retreat, Talk and the Walk of Hope Anniversary | 8 – 14 January 2018
- Sri M in Maharashtra | Book Launch & Satsangs | 4 – 7 February 2018
- Videos | Q & A | London Nehru Center, October 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Aravali Retreat held from 8-10 Jan, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Kodagu Retreat held on 18th Jan, 2018.
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Vedanta for the Modern World” – at IIC New Delhi 2018
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017