‘Bhaja Govinda’, on one hand, means ‘to chant the name of Govinda’. Now ‘bhajan’ is not just chanting, it also means to completely absorb oneself in something. Why is it called ‘bhajan’ when songs are usually called ‘geetham’? This is because ‘bhajan’ has to do with inner absorption. It is actually the spiritual version of ‘bhojan’ (meaning food) for the physical body. It is a ‘bhojan’ for the mind.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Retreat with Sri M in Kodagu
- The Sahyadri Retreat with Sri M – Registrations Closed
- Aravali Retreat with Sri M
- Retreat with Sri M at The Peepal Grove School – Registrations Closed
- Sri M in UK 2017 | Public Programs | 25-28 October 2017
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017
- Videos | Talks | ‘Search for Happiness According to Vedanta’ in London, UK, 2017.
- Videos | Satsangs | Dhyana Yoga – Satsang in UK, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Group Meetings 1 & 2 – at Long Island, USA on 26th Aug, 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Satsang at Syracuse, New York, USA