There is this famous story derived from the couplet of Kabir Das, about the Kasturi Mriga. There is a kind of deer with a little pouch near its tail, in which Kasturi musk is produced. In the breeding season, more musk is produced and there is a lovely smell of Kasturi in the air. The poor deer doesn’t understand that the smell is wafting from under its tail. It goes looking for the smell everywhere in the forest, putting its snout amongst thorns resulting in bleeding, and never finding where the source is. Vedanta says, “Nivrutti Marga is to understand that the perfume is right within us and not anywhere outside”.
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Sri M in Jalandhar, March 10 – 12, 2018
- The Khatt Spring Yoga Retreat 2018 in UAE with Sri M
- The Maha Shivarathiri 2018 Program with Sri M at Madanapalle
- Sri M in Delhi | Retreat, Talk and the Walk of Hope Anniversary | 8 – 14 January 2018
- Sri M in Maharashtra | Book Launch & Satsangs | 4 – 7 February 2018
- Videos | Q & A | London Nehru Center, October 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Aravali Retreat held from 8-10 Jan, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Kodagu Retreat held on 18th Jan, 2018.
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Vedanta for the Modern World” – at IIC New Delhi 2018
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017