Guru Purnima is the occasion of paying respect to the Gurus; you should not imagine that we are paying respect to one Guru. Actually, Guru Purnima is for paying your respect to all teachers, all Gurus both in the inner as well as the outer world. It is actually to show our deep respect and love for the teacher who has brought us from darkness into light.
– Sri M
The Nath Tradition
The Naths are an ancient order founded by Shiv Mahadev who is also known as Adinath. The next teacher was the great Matsyendranath, who was the teacher of the famous Gorakhnath. The yogi called Balaknath in the Nath tradition, because he always appeared like a teenager is none other than my master Sri Guru Babaji. The Naths were yogis par excellence. All the important works on yoga, like the Goraksha Shataka, the Gheranda Samhita, the Hathayoga Pradipika, and so on were written by Nath yogis. The asanas, pranayama, kriya yoga, bandhas, and mudras were practiced and perfected by them. They were usually itinerant yogis and were popularly called Kaanphatas or torn eared ones because they punctured the cartilage of their ears and wore large earrings as I (Maheshwarnath Babaji) do. You don’t have to because you have to go back to the world and live like an ordinary man. The Naths light Dhunis wherever they live. You are given special permission. You need not keep a Dhuni burning always because the nature of your work is such. You may light a Dhuni on special occasions if you wish to.
– An excerpt from Apprenticed to a Himalayan Master – A Yogi’s Autobiography by Sri M
The Guru Purnima celebrations are scheduled on Saturday, 24th July, 2021
Program Details IST
8.30 am : Pooja at the Shivalaya
9.00 – 10.00 am : Satsang with Sri M followed by :
Launch of Satsang Seva Mission website
Launch of Satsang Skill Development Center website
Taking the Jal Sevak pledge
11.00 am – 1.30 pm : Virtual Pranaams to Sri M
4.30 – 4.50 pm : Bhajans
5.00 – 5.30 pm : Online meditation with Sri M
5.30 – 6.00 pm : Dhuni lighting by Sri M followed by Chanting & Bhajans.
6.30 – 10.00 pm : Virtual pranams to Sri M
There will be live streaming of songs and bhajans by our Satsangis From United States , UAE, and different states of India .
Live telecast of Guru Purnima programme shall be made on The Satsang Foundation YouTube Channel
Please note that the Madanapalle Ashram will remain closed to visitors on this day.
Guru Purnima 2021 – Virtual Pranams
Given the ongoing COVID situation, you will be able to have a virtual darshan of Sri M along with the option to offer Virtual pranaams. Our faith and reverence for Sri M bridges the physical distance. Registrations for Virtual Pranams on Guru Purnima, 24th July 2021 is open. Please go through the instructions before you click on the link to the Google form for registering.
Guidelines & instructions to be followed :
- Multiple participants can offer Pranams together from one location, via one User Registration.
- Only one person representing the group needs to register. In the registration form, there is no need to mention individual participant names.
- If the participants are in the same location or are able to gather in a common location, they are encouraged to make only ONE common registration so that more people can get chance (Please follow Covid protocol for your own safety)
- We have tried to streamline the registration process, and confirmation of your registration including the Zoom Participant link, will be sent to you within 30 minutes of your submitting the registration form.
- Do NOT share the Zoom Participant Link with others. Only one device can login using the device ( link) , and if someone else uses your link, you may not be able to participate in the Pranams.
- Please DO NOT register more than once. This creates significant scheduling difficulties and those found to be doing so, may have their registrations cancelled.
- Pranaams are being facilitated via a Group Zoom session.
- Registrations will be on a first come -first-allotted basis and will close by 08.00 PM IST on 21st July.
- There is no registration fee. For any queries, kindly mail to : email@example.com
Registrations are Closed
Guru Dakshina / Offerings
Please note that all contributions are purely voluntary.
To Contribute, please click on this link
(Choose Guru Dakshina OR Guru Purnima Event from the list)
Cheques can be drawn in favour of ‘The Satsang Foundation’ and sent to the following address.
Please write Guru Dakshina / Guru Purnima Event on the back of the cheque.
The Satsang Foundation, No.9, 1st Floor, Webster Road Cox Town,
Bangalore – 560005
Telephone number: +91-80-25480062