Gautam Siddhartha joined the itinerant Jain renunciants who lived near the city of Kapilavastu. He spent many years thinking, contemplating, meditating and observing the spiritual practices he had learnt from other itinerant monks. He followed the extreme measure of starving the body, so that the body would cease to trouble his mind. He was on the verge of starving himself to death in search of the ultimate freedom! It then occurred to him that torture was no way to find the Truth!
Subscribe to Sri M’s Quotes
Please send me Quotations by Email
- Sri M in Jalandhar, March 10 – 12, 2018
- The Khatt Spring Yoga Retreat 2018 in UAE with Sri M
- The Maha Shivarathiri 2018 Program with Sri M at Madanapalle
- Sri M in Delhi | Retreat, Talk and the Walk of Hope Anniversary | 8 – 14 January 2018
- Sri M in Maharashtra | Book Launch & Satsangs | 4 – 7 February 2018
- Videos | Q & A | London Nehru Center, October 2017
- Videos | Satsangs | Aravali Retreat held from 8-10 Jan, 2018
- Videos | Satsangs | Kodagu Retreat held on 18th Jan, 2018.
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Vedanta for the Modern World” – at IIC New Delhi 2018
- Videos | Talks | ‘’Virtuous Leadership’ in London, UK, 2017