The Riverview Retreat, located on a farm in Taighat village, near Panchgani, came into being around a year ago. For the past nine years this space has been opened for all, on the day of Ram Navami. Villagers from nearby villages join for a day long ‘langar’ and celebrations. Many friends join in to chant Ram naam, meditate and sing Bhajans.
This year Ram Navami falls on 15th April. Please join the celebrations as per your convenience through the day.
A tentative schedule would be as follows:
– 06.00 am Sitting together in silence/meditation.
– 06.30 am ‘Ram Raksha’ by Sri Vimala Thakar (CD)
– 06.45 am Bhajans
– 07.30 am Sri M’s talks ( DVD) on Ramayana
– 09.00 am Breakfast
– 10.30 am Interaction and workshop with craftswomen on handmade quilts (Godadi making)
– 12. 00 am Langar starts
– 02.00 pm Rest
– 04.00 pm Glimpses of Walk of Hope by Manav Ekta mission (A documentary)
– 05.30 pm Bhajans and Chanting
Please call Ms. Tejinder Walia on + 91 98232 71502, for any clarifications or requests for accommodation.
* The villagers continue to come for langar till late evening
** There is facility to accommodate around 8 persons in the main house and 20 persons in the tents. If you wish to join the morning programme it might be convenient for you to arrive at the Retreat by 14th evening.