The COVID-19 pandemic in India, caused by Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), continues to leave a trail of suffering and misfortune. Lives are lost, so are means of livelihood. The poor and the marginalised, including daily-wagers and migrant labourers, have borne the brunt of the tragedy.
An estimated 12 million people are expected to be pushed further down into poverty. While hunger and starvation is a reality, frontline health institutions also continue to face a lack of supplies.
The Satsang Seva Mission, in tandem with the administration and other organizations working on the ground, is providing relief to citizens wherever possible by :
● Food distribution through community kitchens
● Distribution of food, provisions, and other essentials
● Assistance in old age homes, orphanages, and other institutions
● Protective equipment for frontline healthcare providers and public
The Covid-19 Relief Project volunteer teams are presently active in the states of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Haryana, New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Kerala, and Gujarat.
- More than 1.59 million meals prepares and served so far
- Over 75,000 masks have been distributed
- More than 78,000 medical and safety equipment units have been supplied
- 12,690 ration kits with 2 weeks worth of ration distributed so far.
This has not only generated employment for people but also inspired millions of people who have both volunteered and donated generously to the cause.
More than 2,47,500 people have been served through this initiative.
Covid-19 Relief Activities – A Report
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.