The Chanda Satsang Vidyalaya in Lathira, Uttar Pradesh was set up by The Satsang Foundation Delhi Kendra in 2017, under the guidance of Sri M and the generous support of Dr. Anil Seth and (Late) Dr. Chanda Seth.
Chanda Satsang Vidyalaya, Lathira (CSVL) is situated in the pastoral environs on the banks of the Ganga, Amroha district – serving five small villages in the vicinity populated by daily wagers and farm workers. CSVL provides free education, learning materials, medical care, nutritious mid-day meals and uniforms to its students.
CSVL’s educational focus is on imparting high-quality education and developing creativity, sensitivity and life skills in a tranquil and blissful environment – enabling the children to grow into responsible, informed and creative citizens of India. CSVL has grown from nursery to Class 7 over the last five years. The school currently has 134 students.
CSVL is managed by The Satsang Foundation Delhi Kendra and is guided by the principles put in place by Sri M at the Satsang Vidyalaya Madanapalle. At present staff of thirteen including principal, teachers and support staff manage the school. A multidisciplinary team of volunteers have been providing regular inputs and guidance.
CSVL follows the Uttar Pradesh Board curriculum, and the medium of teaching is Hindi, while English is taught as a subject. Classroom orientation and hands-on training for the teachers is a continuous part of the school program. Teachers have been oriented to work with children without creating any academic pressure on them. At CSVL the emphasis is on stimulating a child’s imagination and creativity, encouraging them to ask questions and explore answers, teaching them skills and inculcating a habit of exploring the facts. Children are encouraged to learn through various interactive activities.
Interventions – Making a difference
- Personal attention for each child
- Building empathy
- Non-abusive and non-judgmental environment
- Free nutritious meals & uniforms
- Health and hygiene practices
- Regular health check- ups, compliance and referrals
- Regular yoga and physical exercises
- Cultural events, celebration of festivals to instil awareness and teamwork
- Athletics, games and Sportsmanship
- Uplifting lives of children and their families by providing opportunities to get high quality education and life skills which will open up job opportunities and a better quality of life.
- Improve the health and hygiene of the students and help them grow with proper nutrition and care.
- Improve life skills by providing a well-rounded education with proficiency in languages, computer literacy and exposure to arts and sports.
- Positive impact on families and villages by encouraging positive and responsible behaviour among children towards society and environment.
Sri M’s vision is to see the Vidyalaya expand its footprint till the 10th grade. Visits and contributions by donors and volunteers to Chanda Satsang Vidyalaya have powered its growth from being a Primary School to a Primary and Middle School. With support from Satsang friends and well-wishers, the Vidyalaya plans to build its own premises in 2023 and solicits support for this initiative.